Monday, October 24, 2011
Thursday, October 6, 2011
Wednesday, September 21, 2011
Thursday, June 2, 2011
Today when I sprinted downstairs from my room for morning tea, the first thing my momma spoke wasn’t ‘Good morning’, instead it was ‘ Petrol rate again hiked by 2 rupees ’. After this, even the tea with extra milk and sugar tasted like broccoli soup prepared for any diabetic’s patient. The hell broke loose on my monthly saving plan that was made after cudgeling my brain for 2 long sleepless hours. I was the worst ordeal my pocket ever faced. Just a few days back it was hiked by 5 rupees per liter of petrol. Now again 2 rupees !!! This 2 bucks seems just worthless when thought individually but when it comes to pay at petrol pump, the actual value of this penny is realized.
10 years if we try to remember ( actually I can’t remember as I didn’t have anything to do with petrol that time . So I just took help of different reports from google) , we can actually realize how the price of petrol has actually thrived gradually surmounting across small hops of 2 to 5 rupees than any other commodities( yeah! Actually for a travel lover like me, petrol is counted as a commodity).
So what will happen after a leap of 10 years from now. On this ravishing topic I got knolled by some demented perception in my brain. Here is the some quirky presumptions:
1. One will have to fill up a 3-page application in order to buy petrol and have to pay in advance and then wait for it with hand in hand.
2. People will be seen in temples begging God for easy available of petrol and keep fast, conducting pujas for it.
3. Different babas (hermits) will be sprouted everywhere named ‘ Petrol Baba’ with power to detect the petrol underground with closed eyes.
4. Shahrukh Khan will be seen with his daughter endorsing petrol by filling at petrol pumps wearing those blue and orange and still then girls going vaporous over his ‘p.p.p.pe….petrol ’ dialog.
5. Bollywood films will be released based on stories about petrols named ‘petrol kam’ where Amitabh Bachan will be starred with 16 year old Brazilian lass.
6. Girlfriend will demand for petrol barrels instead of expensive gifts and jewelry.
7. Ghost stories will abound where the petrol desperate spirit will be pestering all who has petrol.
8. Vehicles on petrol will become a sign of ruling elites of society.
9. There will be theft and dowry cases lodged for petrol theft.
10. Properties in Venezuela will be the main target of movie stars and politicians. ( The petrol price is cheapest there)
P.S: As I have neither travelled neither time nor a foreteller. It is just a work of pure assumption with a tadka of sarcasm to the situation.So the work should be purely meant for fun.
Wednesday, May 4, 2011
It’s been four or five days since Kate and Williams willingly and happily walked down the aisle, but these news-people are relentlessly blowing trumpet of royal wedding and I can’t say about anyone else but in my shoes, I’m fed up.
Looking to all these hullabaloos in hot air(this is summer here in India) for this wedding with news headlines like “ most waiting marriage of the century “ , “ Tale of fairies met reality” and a lot, it feels like this the first wedding of world is going to witness. Before them, all marriages were forged? Tell me one thing, what is the big deal if a Prince is marrying ? It is what most of the people in the world do- Marriage. How many people these days are adopters of celibacy? And what is there so electrifying in the nuggets of prince Williams marrying his longtime girlfriend ? This is also done by many people (although they believed to lucky enough). But they don’t become flash of our tv for 24x7.
And most importantly, I agree that whole world were waiting for the royal wedding tapping eagerness and bated breath and bubbling with joy, but it’s over now and as per the rumor of their further planning , will might have returned to his job. Still then some freaky news channels are there who are still showing on their exclusive report all those dating-betrothal- marriage widely grinning pictures of kate and will varying from different angle that a normal viewer must have watched for hundred times ( normal viewer is, according me, who spends at least 1-3 hours before the blathering idiot box jumping from channel to channel with a minute interval ). That also spiced with silly comparisons and hilarious predictions. Let me focus light on some those sarcastic headlines of news channel that used vexing my brain till now ( thanks to osama’s encounter, the lime light is now casted on his photo with a big garland hanging on it and lines of burkha clad women who claim to be his wives sobbing, whacking with strange noises in his funeral.) So here is the lines that I could frame and would love to suggest to the news channels if they are running out of snippets.
1. Is the train of kate’s bridal dress shorter that her mother-in-law Diana’s?
2. How many layers of makeup actually Kate was wearing? Has she undergone needles for this special day? Is the Barbie look of royal bride is just a flawless feat of plastic surgery finesse?
3. According to the numerologist Mr. Phatuknath cowwala , to make their marriage more sustaining, Kate should change her name to Cat and William always use his short form Will and must use ‘I will’ whenever Kate asks him for something.
4. The ring worn to kate by will wasn’t actually his mothers ring. This is just a perfect replicate of that antique piece because kate said no as she is afraid of any impression on her pristine manicured fingers.
5. At what angle did they ( kate and will) bowed their head while kissing? According to the astrologer Mr.Phusphas Maharaj here, their marriage is going to plunge till the next three month. So to cut the sin off, they need to marry again and standing on the southern-east side of Buckingham palace and have to kiss eachother precisely for 37 seconds at an angle of 68 degree standing on one leg.
6. King Charles had kissed princess Diana on her hand showing deference to the royal heritage but why will avoided to kiss Kate’s hands? Is it because Diana said not to ruin her 203$ spent on spa for those glistering hands.
7. Was the bouquet’s design carried by Kate to the wedding copied from that of Diana?
8. What is the weight of the twinkly laces stitched to kates dress? Is that heavier than kate?
9. The doctor who did artificial wedding of Kate is claiming that she hasn’t paid his full payment and has stopped contacting him.
In real if I do try, I think I’ll be able to fetch another 100 discussions on it but actually I’m not at all interested in it. So I think the much time I gave to it is more than enough. And my best heartily wishes to this married nuptial. Hope they live happily ever after. And only request to news channels to switch to something new for heaven’s sake.
Wednesday, April 27, 2011
- There is no better remedy for love than to love more.
- Love is the beauty of the soul.
- Life teaches love reveals.
- A heart that loves is always young.
- Love is the beauty of the soul.
- A loving heart is the truest wisdom.
Monday, April 18, 2011
Makar Sankranti is one of many festivals that is celebrated with much grandeur and warm hospitality in our town. With loads hope, many expectations and new resolutions, we do wait for the day throughout the year. Actually this is a day when three festivals are celebrated at a time. One is maker sankranti, second is our oriya new year (new year in Odisha) and third is Lord Hanuman Jayanti.
No matter how far people stay form their family , they do visit home this day. On this day all the relatives are invited home for a get-together with everyone around from 100 year old great-grandpa to newborns. A special recipe called Makar chawal (a sweet dish made of soaked rice, milk, sugar and lots of fruits…and I must say it too delicious to resist your tongue ) is prepared and fed to each other . It is said that the sweetness in it tighten the bond of love ,care and as rice is the main food of our region, so new year is commenced with it.
Not only inside home but even outside, our people never leaves no stone unturned in showing generosity and love. These are two things that you will easily find in our country. And this festival is just an excuse to go one step ahead and holding out an olive branch for any kind of rivalry. The day is famous as pana sankranti where pana(in oriya) or sarwat (one kind sweet juice prepared from water,lemon and fruits ) is distributed among people. Small and big roadside tent are set up to give away sarwat to everyone without receiving a single penny from them. One can drink as much as they want, they won’t be denied, and rather they will be offered with more.
Besides all these there is something else that makes the day special and that is Hanuman Jayanti. It is believed that Lord Hanuman was born to mother Anjani on this day. So all hanuman temples are painted anew and adorned with big heavy garlands. There is hanuman temple in our town famous for this day especially where you will get to see quaint sight of devotion and discipline. The temple is at Ramalingeswar Tank road, where thousands of people gather on this special day to offer pray. The specialty is that despite sweltering heat of summer and dripping sweat, they come here to chant Hanuman Chalisha( a prayer) . Most of the people keep fast the whole day only consuming water or without anything and do chant hanuman chalisha of 92 lines for 108 times. To keep track of your chanting and to count the times of chant, a leaflet is provided from the temple to everyone in which inside the whole hanuman chalisha and on its backside 108 times “sri ram” is printed where one need to round up a “sri ram” every time he completes chalisha for once. And to relieve the pain of the people and for their convenience, many people come to front as volunteers without any pressure to help others. They do organize the whole function, serve sarwat to the devotees ,standing in queue or chanting hanuman chalisha and take utmost care of people when the heat becomes unbearable. Every year the number of devotees and volunteers keeps growing.
There are some picture above the post of the temple and the gathering this year.
Sunday, March 27, 2011
10 NIGHTMARISH PEOPLE OF MY LIFE:
Fortunately I used to be a very sound sleeper from my childhood (for which I’m often scolded like anything during exam times) until a few persons infiltrated into my peaceful life and trampled all serenity of night. Even if I don’t meet them for months still on my bad nights they never miss the chance to give me a goose bump in sleep.
This article is dedicated to them and through this I want to tell them to spare my sleepless nights for God’s sake.
1. Marriage-Obsessed Neighborhood Aunty: I had never thought that just by staying in neighbor, anyone could get into trance of my dream. I can’t ever forget the moment when our neighborhood aunty had showed up with a box full of sweets and chagrined me and my mom by offering her son’s marriage proposal saying that her son is mad for me. I was totally paranoid and my mom was both astound and frightened with her over-friendly gesture. Obviously she had to go bitterly disappointed (how could I marry her son who wears orangey shirts with Hannah Montana on it and blowing farting attitude before girls in college) but still I dream that she is planning to ambush me and forcefully make her daughter-in-law.
2. Her Ogling Son: Her son charts to the second place of my list. Marriage!!! Love!!!! How can a girl actually like a half clown and half insane. And his fashion sense…I can’t even image in my worst day to dress up like that. A red floral shirt with matching tight embroidered jeans comes under his formal wearing and that he used to wear to flatter me with a misconception that I love ‘red’. God knows who that informer is. From a friend I came to know that he has spent thousand bucks to get the information about me. That informer must be too cunning who looted this dork for some info about me. The scariest dream about him was that we are married and are going for honeymoon to some lost island. There he is wearing a yellow suit while I’m draped in a dark violet sari with big yellow and orange sunflowers all over it and he dragging me to somewhere with a big sinister smile paired with his thin moustache. Oh Gosh! I’ll definitely prefer to join any abbey rather than to marry such a prat.
3. My college principle: I’m sorry but somehow I need to get this resentment out before that I burst out in anger. He may suspend me after reading it or put me into detention but sorry my dear princi( his nickname), it’s my blog page not your college campus and be obliged to God that I’m not mentioning your name here .I know your address and phone no. too.
I just hate him. It’s like his blunt face keeps swirling around my mind whenever we do bunk classes. The way he yells at us without any reason, has actually made him into this horrible chart. I really hate to see his bald head with a giant face and a mouth like kitchen always shouting at us in my sweet dreams. And I hate it more when you spit at us talking.
4. All my brainy math teacher: I don’t have any personal strife with my math teachers to be settled down and it’s not like I hate them personally. There are some good math teachers with whom I’m still in touch. But it’s something because of the subject. I’m never so good at math and there were a few malevolent teachers who have mortified me a lot before whole class. The thing is that I drowse in math classes and for that I’m humiliated for many times. It’s not their fault actually. Sometimes I do dream of standing up on the bench hanging head down and the whole class is laughing at me. Please try to understand that there exist some dyscalculia patients too.
5. My family doctor: It’s not like I’m tamed of those syringes and injection needles. But I hate those green and orange vitamin capsule stripes. Every time I visit him, he scribbles something nonsense on a white pad with his name and address embossed on its left corner. I feel sorry for the dispensary people who have to decipher those ruined and bruised letters every time. And then I do have to gulp all those bitter sticky capsules. I really hate those syrups and those Dracula eyes of my doc peering through thin gold framed glasses and x-raying me. Sometimes I do dream that I’m bound to my bed with coarse ropes and he pouring a big bottle of red syrup that both taste and smell yuck.
6. My ex-boyfriend: Although it’s been a year that I’ve broken up from the relation and now I’m too happy, settled and satisfied with my life still somewhere deep inside my mind and heart his memories are stashed . Usually whenever I do sleep after watching any movies about treachery in love and relationship, I dream about him. And that moment I woke up, frantic with a terror and torment. All those repulsive memories with him start spreading like a venom searing fire into my skin.
7. Insane street beggars: Actually my granny is accredited for it. I used to be a naughty, wicked and stubborn child and to make me comply her words she used to tell me about the beardy beggars carrying very dirty torn sacks over their shoulder .She used to tell that they do kidnap wayward children in that bag and carry them to a dungeon where neither T.V nor food is allowed (she knew that both T.V and food are my weaknesses). Still now the fear is dwelling somewhere in my mind and I always leave and turn back from the way if I find an insane beggar with a bag.
8. Greasy uncles: Uncles are really lucky. They can do many things that many teenage young boys starve for. Like giving a bear hug to friend’s beautiful daughter till her face is smacked on his pot belly. Unnecessarily sticking to her butt with an excuse of asking them about their well beings. In fact I also have some those kind of greasy uncles more than whom I would prefer to hug a vampire ( at least vampire uncles are charming and sleek). The worst nightmare about them was that I’m stuck in a century old bungalow with ten to fifteen greasy uncles.
9. Rumor mongrels of my class: They are another prime reason for whom I missed my several classes in the beginning of college days and had to miss sleep too. Though now I’ve learnt to both ignore and answer back in their tongue. Thanks to them, I’ve got along with lots of boys who are my good friends now with whom they used to pair me. So just a few words for them –“just keep f**king you b#$@%hes. Even my s%&t doesn’t care it. :P”
10. Whooping relatives: “atithi deva bhava”- this is what we are taught at home. In our culture, we are ought to consider guests as our God. WTF ! I can only dream my relatives as fatty monsters with big horns and a big thorny tail with whom they are tormenting us physically and mentally always asking weird question at unearthly hour. Last but not least they are something always dispensable .
Tuesday, March 8, 2011
Saturday, March 5, 2011
Another saga of love and grievance :
There was a guy named Rohan Rathod. He was a graduate from IIT,Guwahati. He used love a girl named Supriya. He adored everything in her. She was like the best thing happened in his life. But perhaps fate had stored something else in their life. One day the boy fell sick in high fever and unbearable headache. As his condition didn’t seem to improve by the local pharmacist’s drug, he went to a renowned doctor of the city.
He went through many testes including scanning and x-ray of his total anatomy. At last it was found that he was suffering from cancer and he is in the last stage where medical science hasn’t gleaned enough to step in to help.
After he came to knew it, he was totally broken. He wasn’t worried for himself rather he was sad because he thought that Supriya’s tender heart wouldn’t be able to endure this shock. Still then he didn’t want to cover the truth from her. He gathered all his shattered hopes to face her with the truth and willed that the time for him will be best time of life. “Till death do us apart”- he thought to himself and walked out to her.
But everything just muddled up and his world went up side down. The girl wasn’t truthful to him. When she heard about it, she broke up with him. The budding love was smashed under her self-centered ego and self-love.The boy couldn’t bear this and cursed the God for suffering him for nothing. Wasn’t the death enough that he had to go through another death of his love and heart ? The treachery was thousands fold worse than cancer. His only last wish was to make the girl realize the depth of his love. That’s why he wrote a beautiful song with all his emotions and care and dedicated it to the girl. His song survived and caught every listener in rapture but he couldn’t. On the 15th day after recording the song he died. Before dying he left a letter addressing her where he had mentioned his last wish that wanted the girl to at least listen the song for once. After listening to the song, she couldn’t believe that what she had lost in her foolishness. She lost the person who loved her the most from everywhere of him. Although she left the place with silent tears but two days after her body was found hanging in her room. She couldn’t take this fortune’s blow.
This is perhaps the saddest story ever happened in love history. Though they are no more, still they are alive in the song. You can feel his depth of love listening this song.
You can also download the MP3 from the given link below: http://www.2shared.com/audio/UCmMYwzS/Tune_mere_jaanagurdeepkansal.html
Wait!!! did you also believed whatever written above. Are you sure all that written above is true. You seem doubtful now. Isn’t it? And I sound absurd and demented to you. If you’re also the one who believed this, you are really a sweet heart who can be deceived anytime easily on the name love and sacrifices. Think yourself. Doesn’t the story sound bit filmy type. The IITian boy….pretty girl…happy days…sudden death….boy dies and girl gave up her life…and the only thing left which is the witness of their divine love is the song.
“What the hell”- You will also say it when you will realize the conspiracy of marketing. Yep,I also had said the same thing when I googled for hours and finally came to know that the story is nothing but an unethical ploy to elicit response and advertise the song. To gain popularity , the poor producer stringed the song with a sad story of unrequited love and death.
This is simple strategy. Most of us in their life somewhere have suffered from this heart break thing. When we listen the song and story behind it, we forget the reality and get dragged to the boulevards of memory lane when our heart was once thrashed. We forget that we live in a real world. Our hormones controlling emotions starts secreting at double speed. So we can’t be fully blamed for believing it. After all we are human beings loaded with emotions. I can bet that most of girls and many boys too have cried while listening to the song. But the reality is the story is just a masterpiece of deception dipped with emotional shite though I can’t say the same about the song. In fact right now I’m listening to the song and it is in my every playlist.I just love the beats at the beginning and the notes at which it ends. I just love the deep voice of the singer.
The only intention behind this blog is to awake you from the delusions about the song. It doesn’t mean that true love and sacrifices doesn’t exist anymore. True love is everywhere and in everyone. There isn’t anyone who has never loved someone more than himself. Love is just love. No further explanation or reason is required for it.
Whatever may be the truth behind the debatable story, but the fact can’t be denied that the song is truly enticing. Whoever is the original singer of the song, I would love to hear some more renditions of music of him.
(Published on wholesome of every soft heart and public interest. There is no intention to hurt anyone with the blog. )